Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Twister

We had some scary storms here yesterday, it didn't help that I watched the tornado episode of Roseanne that day either. It's weird that last time we had bad storm my daughter and I watched Twister. Maybe I shouldn't watch these types of shows on days we have bad weather. I was also baking chicken in the oven while the storm was over us. Ever time the power would go off and then back on I would run to check on the oven to make sure it came back on. I check the temperature on the chicken to make sure it was done. When the sirens first went off I ran outside! I looked around and all of my neighbors were outside too. It looked scary out there! Then I really began to worry, so I went back in and put a blanket in the tub just in case we had to get in there, I also put my purse in it with my inhaler and Jeep keys. Then I got the hamsters and put them in the pantry/laundry room, it is in the middle of the house with no windows. I sat them on the washer. My husband looked at me crazy as I was rushing through the house with the hamster cage, he said what are you doing? I said saving the hamsters!!!! We had a lot of rotation and some hail. The sirens went off for about 30 minutes, that was strange. My husband stayed outside during the storm watching the clouds. At one point my husband and son were both out there and I went out there and they told me " go inside we got this".So I went inside, when I would go outside and see the rotation I would panic, so I was better off inside watching the weather. One of my neighbors had a whole bunch of shingles ripped off one side of his house, and my cousin who lives on the other side of town from me heard the train noise and it shook his house. I am glad that we cleaned the garage out a few months ago and we can now fit both of out vehicles in there, we have a 3 car garage so in the last bay we have the mower and other lawn care stuff, a refrigerator, freezer and our motorcycles and gear. I'm glad we made it through ok and the hamsters slept in the pantry. I put them back this morning. Also the chicken I made was very good, I bought a cookbook that uses only five ingredients at Half Price Books. The next time I make it I will share it with y'all.

Here is a picture that my husband took last night.



Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment